Re-Editing the Thriller

Before the now almost necessary re-film I felt that it was necessary to re-edit what I currently had to make it easier to slot in the re-filmed segment.
The first things I dealt with were the black spaces that appeared in two different sections. This was a very simple fix and it only needed a slight movement of the clip and a slight lengthening at the end to fill out the necessary space.
Next I dealt with the moon sequence. After a couple of different approaches to fixing it, one of them being using a still frame from the footage instead, I finally came to a decision on how to fix the sequence. This required only the first clip of the Moon and then I utilised Pan/Crop to put the frame as it was in the other shot.
Then on the clip that joined the two versions together I used keyframes to change from the first Pan/Crop position to the second. In the end this was a very simple fix but it looks incredibly effective and it is practically unnoticeable that the same clip is used. It also addresses one of the points made during an Audience Feedback session from which I gleamed no amazing information. This point was to not have the credits touching the moon and in using this technique the credits no longer touch the moon. This saves me a lot of hassle in attempting to move the credits.
The next thing that needed addressing was the audio of the car sequence. In the draft edit the background noise was all too noticeable. To remove this I muted the sound on almost all of the clips where the ambient sound could not be heard and then copied the clips were audio was paramount. I imported these into Audacity and then used the Noise Removal feature to remove the noise.
This is achieved  by selecting a section of noise and choosing "Get Noise Profile". Then the entire clip needs to be selected and on the Noise Removal feature all that is needed is to choose "Ok" and then all of the noise in the clip is removed. This was also used even further on the running sequence audio to get rid of the wind.

This is all that has been fixed at present and the rest will be sorted after re-filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment