Risk Assessment

Safety is of paramount importance when filming. If the equipment gets damaged then vital footage could be lost or subsequent shoots might not be able to take place and if actors or crew get hurt or injured then there could be further implications. As such, I have created a table that discusses all of the potential risks that might occur during filming, how likely it is to happen or how dangerous it could be and how I am going to prevent it.

What is the risk?
Who/ What is at risk?
What is the risk level?
What am I going to do to prevent the risk?
Dropping or damaging the camera throughout filming
The Camera
Medium
To prevent dropping the camera I will make sure that it is always screwed securely onto the tripod which will be either firmly on the ground or in my hands. When the camera is not in use, it will be placed within a protective case to stop any passive damage.
Snapping or breaking the tripod during filming
The Tripod
Low
The tripod I am using is lightweight, but it is also sturdy. To prevent breaking it I will make sure that I always close it up correctly and that it is sturdy and upright when it is not in use.
Losing equipment
The equipment
Low
In the first scene the only equipment will be the camera and the tripod and as such they are not likely to be lost as they will be in almost constant use. Other equipment like the actors/actresses phones should be safe in their pockets although I shall make sure that once the shoot is over we check over all of the equipment we had to see if anything went missing. We would then search for any missing equipment so that nothing was left behind.
In the second shoot the only added piece of valuable equipment is a mobile phone. When filming is finished we shall make sure that it has not gone missing although it is highly unlikely that this will happen as the scene is in one static location.
Getting run over by a car in Lynette’s scene
Cast/Crew
High
This is a very hard risk to be able to prevent as we cannot close the road off just to do the filming. Therefore, I must always be on the lookout for approaching vehicles and shout to the actors to get off the road whilst also moving the equipment off of the road as quickly as possible. When the second actor arrives, he will act as a lookout for any vehicles so that I can concentrate on getting the necessary shots. I will also have my mobile phone on me at all times to call an ambulance in case of an emergency.
Falling over during Lynette’s scene
Cast/Crew
Medium
This is also an awkward risk to be able to fully prevent as sometimes people just trip over their own feet. The best thing I can do is to make sure that the road and pavement is not too slippery or icy and then see whether the running is alright. If it is still not good then I will tell the actress to do a slower run and then I can speed it up in editing. I will also take a first aid kit if anybody does fall over so that we can ease any injuries that may occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment