The First Shoot

Yesterday was the day of the first shoot and I fully expected to get all of the footage I needed for the first scene. Unfortunately, this did not happen due to the nerves of the actress, the cold weather, the fact that the clouds started to clear as time went on and a group of loud children playing on their driveway. While I really wish that I could have gotten more done, it did prove to me that it is possible to get the shots that I need and this will make things much more efficient when I come to the final shoot of the scene.

The risk assessment that I did was incredibly useful as it allowed me to make sure that everything was as safe as possible. Overall, I was completely correct with the risks in this scene and as such I was successful from preventing any problems.

After the shoot, it was recommended to me to film during twilight as this is the time when everything is dark but it still has high clarity. This came from Sophie who has had experience with night shoots and she told me that filming properly at night is too dark and the clarity of the film is horrible, but in the hour or so that everything is in twilight everything comes out perfectly.

When it comes to the final shoot, I will make sure to listen to Sophie's advice and make the film appear more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment