The Cast for the Opening Sequence

To make sure that I create the highest quality production I can, it is highly important that I cast my characters very carefully. 'Midnight' is not too much of a problem as only their leg and foot will be seen. Lynette James and Zoe Moon will be far more important, especially Zoe Moon as she is the protagonist and as such I need to select an actress who could successfully hold the role.

Character: Zoe Moon
Actress: Sophie Kish
(Her website)
The character of Zoe Moon is a journalism graduate and as such is pretty much the same age as the actress who is graduating from her Performance and Media degree in July. Sophie has also had experience as an actress appearing in numerous short films for university projects and as an extra in a Welsh soap, Pobol Y Cym. She also studied drama at GCSE and Drama and Performance Studies at A-Level. This level of experience makes her the perfect person to play the protagonist of the film as she will be able to inflect the character with her own ideas and bring the character to life in a way that first time actors/actresses would not be able to do. She will also be able to give me tips for when I am editing the film itself and help me out with the music as she is incredibly talented in both of these aspects of Media.


Character: Midnight
Actor: Martin Smith

The character of Midnight is hardly seen in this opening sequence and I only need to use someone's leg for the one shot that they appear in. For this reason I am drafting in the help of one of my friends, Martin Smith, to perform the role of Midnight and to help out with health and safety. Martin has not had any previous acting experience, but for the action that the character does, this is not needed in the slightest and Martin will be perfectly suitable for the role.

Character: Lynette James
Actress: Katie Hutchinson

Although Katie has not had any prior acting experience, she is definitely suitable for the role of Lynette. My image of Lynette is a hard working college girl who exudes innocence and this is exactly the quality that Katie has that makes her perfect for Lynette. The lack of acting experience does not matter at all because the entire sequence with Lynette is running and looking scared, something that I am pretty sure Katie will be able to do. She also lives on one of the roads where the filming may take place and this makes things so much simpler for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment