Preliminary Task Very Rough Edit - A Problem has arisen



After all of the filming, I realised that it might be a good idea to create a very rough edit of what the film would end up like. To my dismay, the actual clip only reached 20 seconds without the 11th shot. With the 11th shot repeated I was able to get the clip to 27 seconds.

The final shot also does not follow the previous shots in a continuous fashion, ergo, I believe it might be a good idea to get at least two more shots to bridge what was 10th shot and what was initially the 11th shot. This will mean a rather quick re-filming which, if it is possible, we should be able to get done if I can get Emily and Frankie for the very short time it will take to get the shots. This is incredibly annoying, but I guess it is something that I should have been prepared for or at least I should have seen it coming.

Another potential idea for a fix would be to add in a little title sequence as if the film were really a movie, like: "Lies, Lies, Lies" or "The Falling". Something like that would do the job of filling time, but it would also allow for the 11th shot to actually work. I think, that when I come to create the proper edit, this is probably what I will do, as well as utilising editing software to get a close up and a pan between the two characters' faces as this should just about get the film up to 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment